Make simple, inexpensive hair masks at home to treat your dry, damaged hair.
If your bad hair days last an entire weekend, your hair is not only screaming for attention, but is also in dire need of some tender loving care. Don’t wait for the weekend to treat damaged hair. There are simple and effective ways to care for your hair throughout the weak. And no, you don’t have to go hunting for some exotic ingredients either. The fix for your bad hair days, lies in your own kitchen. Hair masks are easy to make and apply and do not cost a bomb. All you need is a little time to get healthy, lustrous hair.
- Beat two eggs (including the yolks) with two tablespoons of water.
- Massage the concoction into clean, damp hair.
- Keep it on for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Mash one banana and mix it well with one beaten egg, three tablespoons honey, three tablespoons milk and five tablespoons olive oil.
- Apply on hair and wash off with a gentle shampoo after 15 to 30 minutes depending on the extent of hair damage.
- Remove the yolk from the egg and beat the egg white till it is nice and frothy.
- Add six tablespoons of yoghurt to the potion.
- Massage it into the hair and wait for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Wash out with a mild shampoo.
MILK AND HONEY MASK:
- All you need to do is mix a tablespoon of honey with a cup of full fat milk.
- Apply evenly on hair.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo after 15 minutes.
- You need to soak fenugreek seeds overnight in a little water.
- Grind the seeds into a fine paste the next morning and apply it to your hair.
- Wash with a mild shampoo after 15 to 30 minutes.
OLIVE AND EGG MASK:
- Whisk five tablespoons of olive oil and two eggs to a foamy mixture.
- Massage it on your hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for at least 30 minutes for the oil to penetrate your hair.
- Wash off with a gentle shampoo.
BANANA AND ALMOND MASK:
- Add a few drops of almond oil to one mashed and ripe banana.
- Mix it well and massage it thoroughly into hair.
Wash it off with a mild shampoo after 15 to 30 minutes.