Installing Walkway Stepping Stones is an easy process that requires just a few steps to creating a beautiful new decorative walkway in your outdoor yard.
- Decide where you want your walkway and whether it will be curved or straight. Start by marking your walkway by using rope or 2 garden hoses.
- Lay the stepping stones within your markings and adjust as needed. A step is about 18 inches so pace the stones so that each stepping stone is about 18 inches from the center from each stone.
- Dig around the stones straight down the a straight edge shovel.
- Remove the stepping stone and dig out a the soil and fill each hole with about an inch of stand. Taking into consideration the thickness of each stepping stone, the stepping stone should sit about an inch above the ground after you have added the sand.
- Pour about an inch of sand into the hole and level the bottom of the hole, so that the stone will lay flat.
- Place the stone into the hole.
- Make sure that your stepping stone is somewhat level. Push on the stepping stone to make sure it does not move. You can add or remove sand to accomplish this.
- Once the walkway stepping stone is level, fill in the area around the stepping stone with soil and tamp it firmly.
- Make sure that the walkway stepping stones are about the same height by laying a board across a few stones and using the level.
- Once all stepping stones are installed sweep each stepping stone so that each is clean.
Ann Cohen is a former caterer who loves the holidays, entertainingand the outdoors and loves to share her tips and tricks with you. Feel free to browse her how to’s.