Part 1. Process of Rar file generation
1.Open Winrar and select the folder that you want to compress from the list.
2.From the menu bar, select the ADD icon (it will look like the same shortcut icon as the WinRAR program)
3. The Archive name and parameters window will pop up. From the General section, choose the name for the compressed folder in the Archive Name field.
4. Browse for the path you want the compressed file to be saved
5. Ensure that the Archive format is set to RAR and the Compression method set to the speed you wish it to proceed.
6. To confirm the file compression, press OK.
Other tips: If you want to submit your rar file to a furm but it has the limit to the file size.
For example: It just alow file less then 3M to submit, but your file is reach 5M after you finish rar generate. In this way, you can put your file to 2 parts, one is 3M size, and another is 2M. Then do it as above.
P art 2. Create Rar password
Open Winrar and click on Wizard. Select “Create a new archive”.
Select the files to be added to the archive and press “OK”.
Give the desired name for the archive
Now the most important step. Press “Set password”.
Here you can set the password in two ways.
1) Set password will be in asterisks. You cannot see the set password, hence you will need to enter it twice for confirmation.
For this just enter the password you want to set twice.
2) Set password can be seen, hence it needs to be entered only once.
For this Tick “Show password” and enter the password you want to set only once.
Press “OK”. You will return to the following window.
Click “Finish”. Your password protected rar archive will be created in your Desktop.
Type I rar archive will open. It will show an asterisk just beside the files indicating that it will need password to extract the files.
Part 3. Remove rar file password.
It is hard to open RAR password when you forgot your password, but you can use “dictionary attack” to solve your problem.
First you need to download RAR password recovery tool 5.0 from:
RAR Password Recovery 5.0 recovers passwords for RAR archives created with WinRAR, RAR or any other RAR-compatible software. Forgetting a password for an archive created long time ago is a common annoyance. RAR Password Recovery helps you to get your data back. Advanced dictionary attack, brute-force attack, and advanced brute-force with mask attack are used to recover the password. This software is easy to install and easy to use. All you need to do to recover your password is just to drag and drop your file to the program window. Dictionary attack supports ‘mistypes’ and additional user dictionaries.
1. Click” Open”
2. Click” Remove All Passwords From the File”
3. Click “ OK”.
That’s All, Thanks for reading. If you have any question welcome to contact me: