When your child wakes up in the middle of the night crying, “Mom, I have a bad stomach ache”, take do not be negligent; it is something serious. You may find your child clutching the pillow and curling his body around it. When he complains about stomach pain, never hesitate to seek medical help.
Warnings of stomach ache
Stomach ache in the children can be the result of almost anything from a stress to an outcome of eating something disagreeable. But if there the child seems to be feverish, vomiting or purging in addition to stomach ache, it is a serous warning that something more serious is going on in the system. It may be a call of emergency.
Ten causes of stomach ache
The causes of stomach ache can be related to food, viral infections, poisoning, insect bites, etc.
1) Many children suffer from food poisoning. Children act quickly to disagreeable foods. Once the body detects that the food that had been ingested is harmful, the brain sends a pain signal alerting to the problem through the stomachache. Symptoms of food poisoning are vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps and nausea.
2) This is the same case with foreign invaders such as the bacteria or flu virus. The stomach ache associated with the bug acts as a signal that something is wrong in the system. Bacteria and viruses are infections that should concern you most.
3) Gastro-enteritis and stomach flu are some of the serious examples of infections that can cause stomach ache. Viral stomach ache goes away quickly, but bacterial infections demand antibiotic treatment.
4) A stomach ache can also be caused by inflammation or irritation of the stomach and gastro-intestinal passage. It may be caused by inflammation of other organs in the abdomen.
5) It may also be caused by diseases such as appendicitis, gall bladder infections, kidney infections, urinary tract infections, and ulcers.
6) Allergic conditions may also cause stomach ache. There are certain foods that are well-known for causing stomachaches. They promote gas or allergies in the body which cause the digestive organs to transmit pain to the abdomen. This is a warning condition that either you need to release the gas and the body or to get rid of the disagreeing substance.
7) Most of the children who do not have the correct stools habit complain stomach ache often. Constipation is one of the main reasons for stomach ache. It is the warning of the digestive system that the elimination system does not function correctly.
8) Sometimes insect bites, such as spider bites and wasp stings, can also lead to pain in the abdomen area. It can be accompanied by muscle cramps, weakness, vomiting, nausea and dizziness.
9) Excess eating may also cause stomach ache. Sometimes children eat a lot of food what they like. But stomach reacts with pain when the tummy is overloaded.
10) Diabetes can also be one of the reasons for acute tummy pain among children. This can be confirmed only after a clinical study.
Stomach ache is just a warning. So you need not panic. Panic only wastes your valuable time and frightens you unnecessarily. Teach children good habits in eating which can protect your kids from stomach ache.