Snubba’s Homemade Chili Recipe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Crock Pot Cook Time: 1/2 Day (Or prepare in morning for supper meal)
- 2 pounds ground beef (browned)
- 1 large can of chili
- 2 cans sloppy joe sauce
- 1 quart or large can stewed Italian tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 quart or large can can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans kernel corn (drained) or 6 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 quart chanterelle mushrooms or 2-3 smaller cans of store bought mushrooms of your choice
- Garlic, minced
- 1-2 large onions (chopped)
- 1 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Chili Seasoning to taste
- Hot Chili Powder to taste
Add chopped onions, bell peppers, garlic, chili seasoning and hot chili powder to meat while cooking. Cook over medium heat until meat is well browned. Drain excess grease and tilt pan to continue draining while crock pot heats up.
Add the meat and seasoning mixture to crock pot with all other ingredients and simmer for 1/2 day. You can simmer longer if you like. Just keep it hot until your family or guests come out of the cold. Great for cold winter days when everyone is running on different schedules. The family can eat as they come home.
Serve with freshly baked corn muffins or homemade corn bread smothered in butter. Optionally, you may also top off each bowl of chili with grated Chipolte cheese or Pepper Jack cheese and freshly diced red onions.
This recipe makes enough for a large family with plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.