After you have joined an affiliate program, there are several crucial steps you will need to take in order to succeed. Without taking the steps outline below, your chances of succeeding will be limited. By simply following these guidelines, you will be able to increase your affiliate commissions and earn some money you can live on.
1. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires work. It is not a “do nothing, make money” proposition. It requires hard work on your part. The harder you work, the more sales you will make.
2. Find a niche that suits you and your interests. Your business is a long term commitment, thus you will need to get involved with an affiliate program in a niche that interests you. The internet is full of affiliate program information; make an effort to do your research and find the best niche to suit your interests.
3. Select a lucrative niche. You will need to have affiliate program information about how profitable any opportunity you are interested in will do. Your goal is to make money, and you need to establish how profitable your business will be. The internet has information about profitable niches, and you will need to know these before you decide the best opportunity for you.
4. Another critical affiliate program information you will need to have is the reputation of the affiliate merchant. You need programs with good reputation and high quality products or services that will be easy to sell.
5. Start a private website or blog. Create a useful, motivating, content-rich and keyword-rich website which search engines will pick. Offer some free tips and tools on your site; make your visitors want to come back to your site. Use it as a free bonus if people buy the product you resell. You could also allow people to join for free and you could advertise the affiliate program you’ve joined.. This is very critical because more visitors to your site mean more sales and more money for you. Place AdSense on your site. If you have a website with a lot of visitors, you can easily earn some money from AdSense.
7. Get Links. This is very important affiliate program information you will need to always remember. Linking to other sites will help improve the ranking of your site. One way links are more important that reciprocal links.
8. List your website in major and niche directories.
9.Participate in chat rooms related to the product you’re reselling. Start a conversation with a person without trying to sell to them. Later on, while you are chatting, mention the product you’re reselling.
10.Participate on web/blog discussion boards. Post your comments, answer other people’s questions, and ask your own questions. Include your affiliate text link under each message you post.
11. Write and distribute articles. This strategy extremely essential; and it is a cost effective way to market your affiliate program.
12.Create a free ebook with the advertisement and link of your affiliate web site. The subject of the free ebook should draw your target audience to down-load it. Also submit it to some ebook directories.
13.Write your own affiliate program ads. If all the other affiliates use the same ads you do, that does not give you an edge over your competition. Use a different ad to give yourself an advantage over all the other affiliates.
14. How Often Are Commissions Paid?
Some merchants pay commissions every week; some once a month, others only pay every quarter. It is important that you know how often you can expect a pay check if you are going to have financial control over your business. It would also be wise to find out the minimum commission that you have to earn before you get paid. Some affiliates don’t send your money until you accumulate a certain amount.
15. Does The Company Use Tracking Cookies?
16. Powerful and effective affiliates tools.
* Brandable ebooks to give away or sell at a little price with your own affiliate ID links to generate leads and sales.
* Sales letters provided.
* Templates of the emails to send to your list(s), pre-writen email or even better.
* Free promotional tips provided, to make money without spending thousands in the beginning (a must for beginners)
* Advices and tips for paid promotional techniques (don’t loose all your money in something that don’t bring results).
* Redirect links through your own website. For example: www.yoursite.com/theaffiliatesite/