Your car may be your pride and joy, but it definitely can be the bane of your wallet! Especially if something unfortunate happens. So to stop a setback turning into a disaster you need to sort yourself out some with comprehensive auto insurance. Fortunately, car insurance has come a long way in the last few years and lots of industry competition means that there are some fabulous deals available that combine good value for money and coverage!
Getting auto insurance quotes can seem like hard work. That is why we are here to help you explore what is right for you. There are a number of different factors that you should look at with auto insurance, and here is a partial list of some of them:
* Is your car equipped with anti-theft devices or safety devices like anti-lock brakes? This could potentially affect your premiums.
* Your age does matter! A 17 year old will pay more then a 22 year old, who in turn will pay more then a 30 year old for their auto insurance.
* You could potentially save money if you are willing to raise the amount you pay if you have to claim e.g $500 rather then $50. Is the saving worth it though. Would the extra be too much?
* How old is your car? And what type of car is it? A Ferrari will cost more that a Ford! (You should be so lucky!)
* What exactly are you covered for? Make sure that you read all the small print and compare your auto insurance quotes so that you are comparing like with like.
* If you drive any of the following cars then breathe deeply! According to the Highway Loss Data Institute (www.hldi.org) as of August, 2003, these vehicles have the highest theft claim frequency of all cars. (Based on 2000-2002 model years). 1. Cadillac Escalade 4WD, 2. Dodge Stratus, 3. Mitsubishi Mirage, 4. Jeep Wrangler 4WD, 5. Lincoln Navigator 2WD, 6. Dodge Intrepid, 7. Lincoln Navigator 4WD, 8. Dodge Ram 1500 series, 9. Ford Expedition 2WD, 10. Chrysler Sebring – Prepare to pay more for your auto insurance cover…
* Mature drivers over 50 can look forward to lower quotes.
* Other things to consider are how many cars there are in your household. Will the insurance company consider a bulk discount if you also insure your wife/husbands car, or get auto insurance for your two childrens cars at the same time?
* Also, what if you also take other types of insurance with a company like health insurance or dental insurance for example. Will they consider lowering your auto insurance premiums by way of incentive?
A good first step to getting a great deal is to get a few auto insurance quotes and compare them.
Everybody has to have auto insurance to protect themselves and their car. Not only is it a state requirement, it’s a smart move to carry coverage that will pay for damages in the event of an accident. Shopping for your insurance can be confusing, though. It’s hard to know what companies you can trust, what’s the best way to get your insurance, and what insurance to carry. So, comparing insurance auto brokers can be a good first step to getting the insurance you need.
There are two main ways to acquire your car insurance. The first is to go through the insurance company itself. This can get you a slightly lower rate, and has the advantage that you can talk directly to your insurer, but large insurance companies are often distant and unhelpful. They want you to carry the most coverage possible, and not always at the best rates. Some insurance companies even use your credit rating against you when determining insurance rates. It can be hard to know what companies use this practice, and even harder to find out what insurance companies are best for you and the most ethical. This is where the other method of getting car insurance comes in.
People who work with a number of different insurance agencies to get you the best rate and plan are called car insurance brokers. Your broker will be familiar with the local laws and be able to tell you what insurance you need to carry. A broker can also help you figure out what insurance discounts you’re eligible for and help you get a good rate. You can go over plans together, comparing and contrasting the various rates and benefits, until you’ve got an insurance plan that meets your needs. A broker understands the insurance process and is on your side.
The next question that comes to mind is, of course, how do I choose my broker? The best way to do this is to find out what other people think of all the brokers you have available. The opinions of past customers can be an important way to find out whether an insurance broker will be good for you. You should also call and talk to them about their rates. Most brokers ask a slightly higher rate than the insurance plan would cost straight from the company, but this markup will vary. You will want to find the broker with the lowest markup for their services.
Insurance brokers can greatly simplify the process of getting good affordable auto insurance. They have specialized knowledge about plans and companies that they can use to get you the best rate possible. We all have to carry insurance, but the process can be hard to understand alone. Without help, we can wind up with the wrong plan, paying an exorbitant premium. An insurance broker will make sure you get the plan that’s right for you and your car. You just need to make sure you pick the right one.