Emigrating to Australia on Work

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Emigrating to Australia

Australia has always been seen as the land of opportunity, a chance to break away from the dullness and drudgery of the everyday and live and work under bright sunny skies. Indeed, the Land Down Under has called many and people are flocking to this beautiful country to find a better way of life.


With so many people wanting to live and work in Australia, the first thing you need to do is to see whether you are eligible. Australia is seeking skilled workers (such as teachers, nurses, doctors, businesspeople, accountants etc) to come and work in this lovely country.

For a successful application to be processed, you should expect to wait around 12 months. The information and correct paperwork should be submitted otherwise the forms could be sent back to you and then you will have to start the process all over again.

Application fees will depend on the type of visa you are applying for. Along with police checks, medical records, government forms and visa applications, the cost can be quite high although there are websites which offer a free eligibly assessment.

Employer Nominated Migration Visa:

 Also referred to as the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), the Employer Nominated Migration is one of the most popular visas to immigrate to Australia with. Those outside Australia can apply for this visa providing they have a job waiting for them, or those already in the country on a Working Holiday Visa. The employer will pay a nomination fee to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Business Centre, although you will need to pay a fee for this visa.

Since July 2005, the guidelines and criteria have been changed in order to attract more skilled workers, especially those in the trade industry. As such, Australia has become a popular destination for young professionals.

Regional (Designated Area) Employer Sponsored Migration Visa onshore and offshore:

Also known as the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), this visa is designed for those international workers seeking work away from larger cities. This visa allows applicants to live in smaller cities and more rural areas, so applicants wanting such cities as Sydney and Melbourne should use the above mentioned visa.

Family and Partner Visas:

There are several categories of visas for those seeking to live in Australia with their families or partners. A Fiancée Visa is designed for those intending to marry an Australian or permanent citizen; a spouse Visa is for those already married to an Australian or permanent citizen; and the Interdependent Partner Visa is for those already in a committed relationship (same sex relationships included) with an Australian or permanent citizen.

Finding Work in Australia:

Many applicants will immigrate to Australia once they have received a genuine job offer. Finding a job in Australia will generally depend on your skills, credentials and experience, among other things.

A good way to start your job search is by visiting online job services where you can measure your experiences, certificates etc against Australian standards. Once in Australia you may have to take additional exams.  


About Author

Leave A Reply