Nausea is primarily a symptom of some disorder. It is not a disease in itself, but is only a symptom of some disorder of health problem. If you are not suffering from upset stomach there are other illnesses that can cause this problem. Nausea is basically a reaction of the body, due to the presence of some illness in the body.
Symptoms of nausea
Nausea and vomiting are symptoms that generally go hand in hand to address something wrong in the body or mind. It refers to a sensation that one experiences and the feeling of a need to vomit. It may be accompanied by symptoms like dizziness, headache, fatigue, sweating, abdominal pain, back pain, etc. Nausea may generally seem to be generated from the abdominal area which is actually governed by the brain and may also be psychological in nature.
You may experience persistent nausea without vomiting, particularly after an injury, which can be indicative of a more serious condition, particularly when dealing with trauma to the head.
Home remedies for nausea
1) The best thing to escape from nausea would also be to keep you well hydrated and get adequate rest. That will also help you to find out and treat the underlying cause.
2) Nausea can be treated by using non-carbonated syrup. By consuming 1 or 2 table spoon of any non-carbonated syrup would help to bring relief to your system and cool down the stomach.
3) Ginger gives an immediate relief to nausea. Just take a fresh piece of ginger in your tea and have it to get relief from this problem. It can help to soothe your stomach.
4) Morning sickness is a very common feature found among pregnant women. It can be avoided by a mixture of one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one tablespoon honey, mixed in cold water. It is better to have it before going to bed. A mixture of few teaspoons of wheatgerm with milk every hour can help you to get rid of nausea from morning sickness. During pregnancy it is advised not to take pharmaceutical products for nausea, since they can adversely affect your unborn baby.
5) Usage of cumin seeds for nausea has been a very successful remedy. Either consume 1/2 teaspoon grounded cumin seed or drink the mixture to find relief from nausea and vomiting.
6) A fresh and healthy diet of fruits and vegetables is good to avoid nausea. You should completely stop having. Junk, spicy and oily food in your diet can induce nausea.
7) Since certain common situations, such as indigestion, the intake of certain medicines, and pregnancy, can induce nausea, treating these situations can reduce the consequences.
8) Mint is an easily available home remedy for nausea. It is a soothing herb which is useful in helping to calm and settle the stomach. You can also use peppermint oil as an external aroma-therapeutic cure for nausea.
9) Lemon is a good natural remedy for nausea. By simply smelling a fresh lemon or a lemon piece, the feeling of nausea can be avoided. If that does not work for you, just squeeze a bit of lemon into warm water, mix one teaspoon honey and drink it. One teaspoon of lime juice and a half teaspoon of sugar mixed in a cup of water has been a traditional remedy to stop nausea or vomiting immediately.
10) Aniseed has also been used to get rid of nausea by relieving the gas that cases nausea. It is an anti-spasmodic spice that stops muscle spasms in the digestive tract.