1 – 17.3 oz. package of frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
3 tbsp. of butter (melted)
1 tsp. of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of oregano
1/2 cup of mushrooms (finely chopped)
1/4 cup of sweet onions (finely chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic and oregano.
3. Using parchment paper or foil, line a large baking sheet.
4. Unfold puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface.
5. Using a small round cookie cutter, baby food jar lid or other appropriate object, cut out pastry.
6. Place cut pastry onto the prepared cookie sheet.
7. In a small bowl (NOT the butter bowl), combine the finely chopped mushrooms and onions.
8. With a baking brush, brush the butter mixture over each round pastry piece.
9. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mushrooms and onion mixture into the round pastry.
10. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
11. remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese.
12. Place back in oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
13. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
* Makes about 18 tart-lets.
* Ready in 30 minutes.
1. Make Taco Tart-lets: Using hamburger or turkey burger brown about 1 cup of meat. sprinkle on taco seasoning as meat is browning. Prepare the puff pastry as described above (steps 3-6). Spoon meat onto pastry. Follow steps10-13, replacing the mozzarella cheese with shredded cheddar cheese. Top with sour cream or Salsa.
2. Make Pizza Tart-lets: Add finely chopped pepperoni and pizza sauce to the onion and mushroom mixture. Follow all of the above steps, increasing the first baking time to 20 minutes.
3. Make Vegetable Tart-lets: Add Broccoli, finely chopped, to the onion and mushroom mixture. Instead of butter, use 3 tablespoons of milk. Replace the garlic and oregano with 1 teaspoon of ranch dip mix (or add to taste). Use shredded cheddar instead of mozzarella. Follow the steps from above.