- Position the vehicle where you can get the hoist in and out on the level. Make sure you drain the fluids
- Remove the hood. The hinges bolt to the hood. Mark the hinges with a sharpie or a sharp point scribe around the hinge so you can locate it later
- Disconnect the ground cable on the battery
- Drain coolant and disconnect hoses
- Remove the fan to loosen alternator and remove bolt and radiator.
- Disconnect the intake air supply and fuel lines and unbolt and pull aside the power steering pump and air conditioning compressor. Don’t disconnect the hose.
- Remove all electric wire connections to the motor
- Disconnect the exhaust manifolds and unbolt all visible connections to the transmission.
Jack up the car and place jack stands.
- Remove exhaust pipe connections and the starter.
- Unbolt the torque converter from the flex plate and position the jack stands or something able to support the transmission before disconnecting any bolts from the transmission.
- Loosen transmission connections at the cross and unbolt all the other transmission connections to the motor.
- Unbolt motor mount connection.
- Get from under and let the car down
- Bring the hoist up and connect the chains to the largest bolts and hoist very slow. Adjust leveler to lift front higher.
- Swing motor free of the car to avoid hitting the car.
- Put the old motor on the ground.