Losing weight takes dedication, perseverance, and time. It can become frustrating when you’ve been exercising and eating the best and most healthy meals and snacks that you can figure out at the moment and still – no weight loss.
At times, you may even feel like giving up, pulling your hair out, or eating those donuts, several slices of pizza, or a big container of ice cream. That won’t help matters, though. You know deep in your heart that if you give into that tempation and reduce yourself to splurging like that, you’ll only feel even worse about yourself for doing it.
So, what do you do?How do you lose weight without losing your mind? Below are a few tips to help you stay on track and reach your weight loss goal. I’ve lost over 100 pounds. I know it’s a long, tiring journey. I’ve been there. I made it through and you can too!
What you’ll need:
- rebounder (mini trampoline)
- herbal tea
- an outfit a size or two smaller than you are now
- Take the notebook and pen and keep them handy at all times. Write down your feelings, what you’re eating, what your goals are, where you want to be a month, or even year, from now. Write about what size you’d like to be or how much you want to weigh in the end. Write about how you want to be healthy and how you are worth it, that your life matters. Write this sentence over and over: I will succeed; I will weigh (fill in the blank).
- Invest in a rebounder. You can purchase one used at a garage sale, outdoor market, or even the Goodwill. If you can afford a new one, great! You’ll become one with your rebounder. Hop on it of the morning and jump for 2-5 minutes. You’ll notice that you feel refreshed, more motivated, inspired to continue fighting the fat. Every time you can, get some rebounding in. It’s a great way to get those endorphins in your brain going that will make you feel good about yourself and like you can do this.
- Purchase herbal tea from your local health food store. Follow the directions for preparation and enjoy a hot cup when you’re feeling stressed and discouraged. Allow the warmth to flow from the top of your head to the souls of your feet. Just relax. This is a wonderful time to write a little more in your notebook. Write whatever you’d like.
- Find an outfit that is a size or two smaller than what you are now. Hang it on the wall or on a hook on a door where you’ll be able to see it at all times. It’s a visual aid that will motivate you to eat right, exercise, and keep trying. And, once you can actually slide into that outfit with ease, you’ll be even more inspired to keep working hard at this.
- Focus on the positive. Avoid negative people and ignore their rude comments. This will be hard. If you’re having a difficult time, write in your notebook. Drink your herbal tea, or jump for joy on your rebounder. Whatever you do, refuse to let them get you down! You can do this!
- Celebrate all your successes. Are your clothes loose? Did you lose half a pound? Is your face slimming up? Are you getting compliments? Allow yourself a luxury (not food or fatting drinks) to reward yourself. It’ll make all the difference.
For more information on weight loss, you can learnhow to create juice recipes for weight loss .
By thinking positive thoughts, rebounding, writing, and focusing on getting into that smaller outfit, you’ll find staying with the program a lot easier than if you don’t have a plan with goals and tools to help you succeed.