Growing up we always had hamburger helper at least once a week. Over the years, the price of buying the pre-packaged boxes has risen quite significantly, so I decided to make my own version. I hope you enjoy it!
1 lb. Ground beef
2 boxes a Mac and Cheese
Crescent Rolls (the kind in a tube, not already made)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare boiling water for Mac and cheese and prepare per package instructions.
3. In a sauté pan, start browning the ground beef.
4. Wash broccoli and cut into florets, place in steam pot and start steaming.
5. Spray a muffin pan with Pam.
6. On a cutting board, take the crescent rolls out of the tube and roll each strip into a ball. Flatten out and place into each individual muffin crevice. Making sure the sides come up all around (You are forming a little bread bowl).
7. Place rolls into the oven and bake until brown.
8. Remove ground beef from flame and drain grease. Return to stove on a low flame. Season with garlic salt and pepper. (This is really up to you, you can season the meat any way you like).
9. Add prepared Mac and cheese to meat mixture and combine thouroughly.
10. Remove steamed broccoli and cut into smaller pieces adding to the Mac and meat mixture.
11. Serve by spooning the mixture into the tiny bread bowls.
My family loves this little compact meal and it makes more than the box version, so you are stretching your dollar. Also, there are plenty for leftovers!