Better yet, how often do you file an ad to a site or paper offering more than 10 million unique visitors each year? Not bad for an advertising site. And, it all begins with nothing more than a simple post.
How to Post
Wana post your ad? Great! Now, how do you do it? Posting on Craigslist is easy. First, go to the main page, and scroll up to the left-hand corner where you will see a link to “Post to Classifieds.” Here is an example:
Next, you will want to select the proper category to post your classified ad in. Most people will search for advertisements by category, so be sure you put your ad in the right category. And don’t worry too much if you don’t… you can always change the category you originally selected.
You have a choice of posting categories, such as; “jobs”, “gigs”, “housing”, “items for sale” and more. Posting your ad in the right place will maximize your potential for exposure. While it is helpful to have a registered account, especially if you plan to use the site more than once, you do not need one to post your ad. However, it takes about 5 minutes to set up an account, and it is free, so why not save yourself some time next time you log in? Makes sense doesn’t it? Now, when you register there are certain fields you have to fill out. These include the “title” field and the “description” field. People do want to know what you are offering after all, so a good description is essential. It helps to fill out the price section, but you don’t have to. You may turn many otherwise interested parties off by listing price. Of course the flip side is you can do the same by not posting price.
How To Compose A Winning Ad
An ad is only as good as the words contained within the ad itself. If you don’t write good copy, get someone to write it for you. You have a limited space to work with here, so your job is to entice the potential buyer as quickly and succinctly as possible. How do you do that? There are many different ways. Here are some great steps for creating posts simply and effectively:
● First, compose an alluring post. It should adequately describe what it is you have to offer, and why a potential buyer will benefit. Remember, people want to know not only what you’re providing, but how it fills some need they have. So tell them. Don’t use much fancy language or big words. DO use urgent language,such as “Hurry” and “Act Now”. Great descriptions like, “Stunning” and Amazing” work wonders. Be bold, be brave. Consider this ad: “Diamond ring for sale 14k.” Now, this one: “Stunning White Gold Brilliant Diamond Hand-Crafted 14k.” Which do you like better?
● Then, if you haven’t already, create an account, because you can’t post your “post” without one. While you’re at it, review your post a few times. Come up with at least one or two alternate posts that describe the same item. If you find you don’t get a huge response when you post your first post, you can try placing it in a different category or using one of your alternate ads. . Next, look at other people’s posts that are similar to yours. What is good about them? What makes your product or service different? Look at high ranking posts. What makes them successful? Is someone offering a product or service similar to yours? If so, make note. Find out what makes your product or service better and be sure to mention it. Do not bad-mouth your competition, this could get you in trouble. Just do your job and tell people why you are the best.
● Now, review your post one more time and make sure it is up to snuff with the other posts you reviewed. Ask people what they think. What can you do better? Chances are high you will have a few opportunities to modify your ad, so don’t be shy. Ask people what they think. It pays off. . Submit your post. File your post often, remember you can submit a post as often as every two days (see next tip) but be sure when doing so to delete old posts (again, following the rules here!).
● Let your post sit at least 48-hours before checking in. Try not to be a maniac about checking in. Millions of viewers get to see your post. If someone out there is looking for what it is you have to offer, you will make some headway. Checking your stats every five minutes will drive you crazy. Relax! Go create some new ads for another product already.
● Now, after a couple of days, go back to your account. If you want, rerun your post (don’t forget to delete it first). That way, it goes to the top of the “List” again. You can also edit your post before reposting to make it fresh and new to see if the new post attracts better results or interest. If you want, you can also try reposting your original post in a different category to see if you get more responses from customers. You can repeat the steps above as many times as necessary to get the attention of your prospective customers. Try using different ads for different products and services. You can also post your ad in different categories to see which ad categories your ad receives the most attention inproduce more results. Try using different keywords in your ad when describing your product or the items you sell. Most people search by keywords, so I suggest you search for keywords using Google Adwords.
Note: You have to review the RULES section before posting. In the next article I’m going to share with you the condensed version of the rules.
My Other Articles: Best Weight Loss Tips