A toolbar is a graphical representation of frequently used commands. A web toolbar is a feature that can be found on many modern websites/browsers. Deskbars and search toolbars are also in-demand. While optimizing the access, toolbars provides quick and efficient search. Toolbar buttons are usually represented of an icon. The buttons indicate direct link to the application, we use the most. They have a very comprehensive look and are used to access a small number of frequently used commands. A toolbar must serve all the purposes in an organization efficiently; therefore, a toolbardevelopment is taken as a challenge. Custom-made toolbars are possible and many open-source plugins are also freely available for this purpose.
Can I develop toolbar for my organization?
There are many toolbar development organizations/companies in the market that help you get your fully-functional and interactive customized toolbarin accordance to your need. The most frequently used applications in your organizations are placed on the toolbar for direct, fast, and efficient access for your employees. Customized toolbarsinclude IEtoolbar Development, Development of Mozilla Firefox toolbar, toolbar for Google chrome, etc. These toolbar and plug-in development companies are determined to reach your target market, meet company goals, and sales strategies. It is possible to develop a dynamic toolbar and web site to enhance your particular business needs. A customized toolbar keeps the applications like Bing, pop-up blocker, eBay, You-tube that is used frequently and keeps you updated about the on-goings on such websites.
Is toolbar meant for you?
By analyzing some of the following points, you may understand whether or not you need a toolbar developed for your company:
- Primary window: Toolbar work well with primary windows, however if you try to install toolbar on secondary window, your search will become slow and the optimization of toolbar won’t be to a great extent.
- Small no.of frequently used commands: Toolbars work best with small no. of frequently used commands.
- Well-represented icons: Toolbars consist of icons; therefore, it is necessary for icons to be self-explanatory. Menu bar is a better choice than a complex toolbar.
- Are most of the commands immediate? Toolbars require commands that don’t require additional input. To be efficient, toolbars need to have a direct and immediate feel.
An Ideal design of a customized toolbar:
- Organize the commands within a toolbar into related groups.
- Place the most frequently used groups first.
- Avoid placing commands such as delete near to important commands.
- Grouping of commands helps in easily locating a command.
- If there are many commands that do not fit in your comprehensive toolbar, make sure you use overflow chevron.
- Make sure that the most frequently used commands are directly accessible from the toolbar.
What about Plug-ins?
Having discussed toolbars, let us put some light on what plug-ins are. In addition to the toolbars, customized plug-in can also be developed as per your need. Just like toolbar provides you with the added functionality, software plug-in is an add-on for a program that adds functionality to it; for example: A browser plug-in allows you to play certain multimedia files within your Web browser.Plug-ins is commonly used to play video, scan for viruses, and display new file types. Adding Plug-ins is a simple and convenient way to enhance your program capabilities; therefore, most graphics and audio programs opt for plug-ins these days.
Most companies develop plug-ins as a separate product. Mozilla Firefox plug-ins Development, Internet explorer (IE) plug-ins, add-ons for Google chrome are also developed exclusively for your needs.
Some real-time usage of Firefox Add-ons/Plug-ins
- Social Networking:FirefoxAdd-ons help us to find amazing new things on the Web with all the top social networking sites and other bookmark web sites.
- Conversations:MozillaFirefoxPlug-ins helps us to enhance the instant messaging. It also facilitates to stay in touch with friends through all the top social networking sites like Facebook, Orkut, and My Space.
- Alerts:FirefoxPlug-in are useful for displaying instant alerts and latest information about weather, sports score or eBay auctions. Real time information shows up in browser; no matter which site user happen to be on.