- 4 C diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cans crm chicken soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can pinto or kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 4oz can diced green chilis
- several handfulls of tortilla chips (ok if they are a little stale)
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Saute onion and pepper in a frying pan w/ a little oil. Add remaining ingredients (except chips) and heat through.
- Grease a 9 x 12 baking pan. Put a couple of handfuls of chips in the bottom of the pan and press down to crush slightly. Make sure there is enough to cover the bottom.
- Pour chicken mixture on top of crushed chips to cover. Top with more crushed chips.
- Heat at 300 F for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice and a green salad.
This recipe is flexible. Add more or less chicken/beans to suit what you have on hand or your taste. Leave out the cheese if you’d rather. You could even make this with ground turkey or hamburger.
Try skipping the baking step and using it as a burrito or taco filling. Try using raw chicken and putting the contents in the crock pot, then serve with tortilla chips.