Lexington, also known as the “Horse capital of the world”, is at the heart of Kentucky. It is the second largest city in the state of Kentucky. Reputed corporations like Lexmark have their headquarters in Lexington.
Lexington has one of the most stable economies in the United States. This city has a humid subtropical climate with an average temperature of 54.9 degree Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius). It is a nice city to work in. Here is a list of good companies to work for in Lexington:
- Affiliated Computer Services (ACS): ACS is owned by Xerox Corporation and is one of the Fortune 500 companies. ACS is one of the leaders in business process outsourcing and information technology services and generates a revenue of more than $6 billion annually. It employs more than 70,000 people in nearly 100 countries. You may visit their website http://www.acs-inc.com/ for more details on how to apply.
- Lexmark: Lexmark is in the business of imaging products like printers. It is headquartered in Lexington. It employs more than 13,000 people all over the world. You will find more details of this company on their website http://www.lexmark.com
- Hewlett Packard: Popularly known as HP, this company is one of the world’s largest information technology companies. It has operations in almost all the countries in the world. You may visit the company’s official website http://www.hp.com for more details.
- United Parcel Service: Popularly known as UPS, it is into the business of delivering packages and documents worldwide. UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company. For more details about UPS, you may visit their official website http://www.ups.com/
- Trane: Trane is into the business of air conditioning systems. It is another good company to work for in Lexington. You may visit their website http://www.trane.com for more details.
- Amazon.com: Amazon.com is a leading online retailer. It was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994. It has generated an annual revenue of more than $24 billion in the year 2009. You can find more details about this company on their website http://www.amazon.com/.
- Stoll Keenon Ogden: This is a reputed law firm with clients like Brown-Forman Corporation, Lexmark andKeeneland. More details about this firm are available on their website http://www.skofirm.com.
- Ashland Chemical Company: Ashland Inc is a global specialty chemicals company. It has operations in more than 100 countries all over the world. For more details, you may visit the company website http://www.ashland.com.
Lexington has offices of many other companies. Job seekers will definitely find a lot of opportunities in this city.