Weight loss doesn’t happen by itself. There are only two ways to accomplish it. The first thing is by watching what you eat and the second thing is by seeing how much you need to exercise in order to be smart. So continue reading,,and I hope you’ll be amazed by all the “everyday” things you can be doing to lose 10 pounds…or even more.
1. Start your day with a glass of water. As soon as you wake up, gulp down a glass of water. You may have your morning cup of tea but have it after a glass of water. It’s a wonderful way to start your day and you only need a lesser quantity of your breakfast drink after that.
2. Drink water atleast 15 glasses per day. You body needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water will make your body healthier and fitter. The best thing about water is that it has no calories.
3. Stay away from sweetened bottle drinks like sodas, colas and other fizzy drinks. However, if you want to drink then stick to dieted drinks.
4. Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice. Fresh fruits have natural sugars, which are indeed rich in vitamins.
5. Include in your diet things that contain more water like tomatoes and watermelons. These things contain 90 to 95% water so that there is nothing that you have to lose by feasting on them. They fill you up without adding to the pounds.
6. Try to include in your diet as much fruits and vegetables as you can. Because your body needs a lot of fiber so it increase your fiber intake.
7. Drink a glass of water before you start the meal. Water naturally needs some space so that you feel fuller without actually having to stuff yourself.
8. Quit snacking in between meals. Do not fall for snacks in between meals. This is especially true for those who have to travel a lot. So tourists and other travelers try to eat fresh food.
9. Try to stick to black tea/coffee. Black tea or coffee can actually be good for you. But personally I would like to recommend tea rather than coffee. The caffeine in the coffee is not really good for you because it is an alkaloid and can affect other functions of your body like the metabolism.
10. Avoid fried things. The more fried things you avoid, the lesser weight you’ll gain.
11. Make chocolates a luxury and not a routine. Even bitter chocolates are not good for you because though the sugar is less these is still cream in them.
12. 50 to 55% of your diet should be carbohydrates. It is a myth that you should try and avoid carbohydrates when you are on a diet. Rather the other way round I should say. Carbohydrates are a ready source of energy and so 50 to 55% of your diet should be carbohydrates.
25 to 30% of your diet should be proteins. Various processes and activities are going on in our bodies. Things are broken down and being built up again. Resistance has to be built up, recovery from disease too is needed and for all this the body needs plenty of proteins so see to it that 25 to 30 % of your diet consists of proteins.
Fats should only be 15 to 20 %. You need only this much of fat in your diet so keep it at that.
13. Try and adopt a vegetarian diet. A vegetarian diet is undoubtedly better for those of us watching our diet. I hope you know the importance of a vegetarian. But don’t be a complete vegetarian.
14. Try to have breakfast within one hour of waking
15. Control that sweet tooth. Remember that sweet things generally mean more calories. Go easy on theses things and each time you consume something sweet understand that it is going to add on somewhere.
16. Reduce your intake of pork. Pork is not something that can help you to lose weight. I suggest avoid pork, forget it.
17. Go ahead eat cheat food, but only for flavor.
18. Some of us have the tendency to eat whenever we see food. So eat only when you are hungry.
19. Nothing more than an egg a day. Eggs are not such a bright idea. It would be best to reduce your intake of eggs to maybe three in a week.
20. If you can say no to alcoholic beverages please do. Alcoholic beverages too are not good for you. Beer can be fattening and the rest of the alcoholic drinks may not be fattening by themselves but after a couple of swigs you will be in no position to watch your diet and your appetite too will be something to battle with.
21. Choose white meat rather than red.
22. Boil your vegetables instead of cooking them, or even better, eat them fresh. However if you do not like eating your vegetables as it is, try steaming them without adding anything at all.
23. Develop a habit of chewing all food including liquid food and soft foods like sweets, ice creams at least 8 to 12 times.
24. Use a non stick frying pan for your cooking so that you do not have to add oil. The golden rule is to try and avoid as much oil as possible and a non stick pan is the perfect solution to this problem.
1. Use the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can. Elevators are a great convenience particularly if you have to go up or down some twenty floors.
2. Try to run atleast 10 minutes per day.
3. Do not slouch in your chair but try to maintain an erect posture with your tummy tucked in. Slouching can give you a very flabby figure.
4. Breathe in air as strongly as you can and as you do so, tuck in your tummy as much as you can. Hold it like this for a few seconds and then slowly release your breath taking care not to let out your tummy. Try to keep breathing like this at least fifty or sixty times in a day.
5. While traveling in an elevator instead of just standing there and staring stupidly at the numbers going up or down, try raising your self onto your toes and then back on your feet again.
6. Any work out should start with a 5 to 10 minute warm up and should end with a 5 to ten minute cool down session. So you must try to warm up before doing any task.
7. Do not carry your mobile phone around but leave it a place where you can hear it ringing. In this way you make sure that you at least get up and walk towards it.
8. Join a dance class. Dancing is a wonderful way to burn off those extra calories.
9. If there is a pool nearby go for swims as often as you can, swimming is one of the best exercises. Water has a lot of advantages. And if nothing else, a cool dip in a pool is a wonderful stress reliever.
10. Often when we come back tired from work, we tend to get others to do simple chores for us. These things are no big deal. So its better you do it yourself.
11. Don’t lie down, sit. Don’t sit, stand. Don’t stand, walk. 🙂
12. If you want to increase your time of exercise or your work out routine, do it gradually and not in sudden steps.
13. You can take a day off from exercise every week. This is not just a very good idea but it is part of the exercise routine.
14. Exercise out doors as much as possible. This gives you fresh air and sunshine.
15. If you have a sitting job, stand up and stretch yourself every half an hour.
16. Avoid smoking, it is very bad for health. Smoking as such may not contribute to weight loss but smoking leads to other conditions like erratic eating habits and excessive dependence on things like coffee.
17. During commercial breaks walk about. If you want to sit all evening with your eyes glued to the tube, then do so but i prefer walking.
18. Turn on music and dance like wild. Let your hair down once in a while. Go back to the days of wild child hood. Close the door of your room, turn on your sound system to the highest volume possible (but a little lower than the level at which your neighbors complain).
19. Try yoga. Yoga is one of the best ways of losing weight. I can’t explain more about yoga but I heard it is the one of the best ways to reduce weight. Search Baba Ram Dev in youtube.
20. Instead of waddling up and down the staircase, try taking them two at a time but be careful.
21. If you have a dog, take it for a run and let the dog lead you on. You will be surprised as to how much exercise a dog can give you.
22. Tuck in your tummy whenever you walk. Get that proper gait. And the best way for that is to tuck in your tummy and inflate your chest.
23. Walk when you talk.
24. Try and follow an exercise routine that is suitable for you. I prefer make a schedule of of exercises and follow them as much as possible. Try to get somebody to exercise along with you.
25. Check your weight before you start the routine and keep checking for changes but do not expect a radical change immediately, it might be one or two weeks before you notice some change.
26. Last but not least… When you do notice a change, reward yourself. When I say reward I do not mean go for some goodies like chocolates or sweets. Maybe you could go for a movie or buy yourself something like a new dress or a trinket. This is something that can keep you going. It is a good idea to save on the money that you wanted to spend on ice creams and chocolates and then treat your self to something more substantial.
I guarantee these tips will change your life for good and make you loose weight quickly. If you have any other tips then please share with us. I hope you’ll be a weight loss doctor if you read these tips.