It is difficult to diagnose the real cause of back pain. There are several causes for generating and aggravating back pain.Back pain is sometimes difficult to treat, a better understanding of the causes of this problem will assist patients in their recovery from back pain.
The most common causes of lower back pain are sprains and Muscle strains
1. Arthritis: Arthritis in spine is a common cause of back pain, especially in adults. The pain may be felt anywhere in the back and gets worse while walking and at night. As the condition degenerates the affected area cannot be cured.
2. Obesity: Obese people experience back pain frequently. The pain is felt in the neck and lower back. Weight loss can help in reducing this type of back pain.
3. Sleeping Posture: The position and surface on which one sleeps may cause back pain, such as hard surfaces and mattresses. The soft surface tends to put strain on the spine. Some positional changes can reduce this type of back pain.
4. Improper Seating: Back pain can be caused by sitting in an improper position for a prolonged period of time. Maintaining a good and straight posture, using ergonomically designed chairs, taking break for few minutes every hour and stretching helps to cure such back pain.
5. Spine Disc Damage: There are back pains that are caused by damage in the discs of the spine. As a result, the nerves get pinched causing constant back pain. Upper back pain is caused by herniated or damaged discs.
6. Pregnancy and Menstrual Period: Women who are pregnant or in the middle of a menstrual period often complain of lower back pain. During pregnancy the enlarged belly stretches the spine, resulting in back pain.
7. Injury: Injury to the back may happen from an accident or a torn rotator calf in the shoulder. During accidents the body receives large amount of energy or shock within a small period that damages the muscles, tendons and ligaments.