The PSP has proven to be extremely popular in the teenage crowd as well as younger adults. There are many reasons behind this, and one big one besides the gaming aspect of the PSP. The popularity of the PSP has risen because of its abilities to play videos.
With over four hundred movies currently available on UMD, Sony’s mini CDs they introduced with the PSP, you’ll want to get that popcorn started and settle in for movie night. So, how do you play movies on the PSP? If you will be using an UMD, follow these simple instructions:
• Get your PSP and UMD handy
• For UMD playing, open your PSP by sliding the latch
• Insert the UMD with label facing the back of the system
• Slide UMD down the tracks until it clicks into place
• Close PSP and enjoy!
If you will be transferring movies or videos from your computer, follow these instructions:
• Get your PSP, Memory Stick Duo, USB A to mini B cable ready
• Find your movie or video on your computer and format to MP4 file type, if it’s not already an MP4
• Locate the movie(s) on your computer, open the directory
• Attach your PSP to your computer using an empty USB port and the cable
• Insert Memory Stick Duo into PSP by opening the slot on the left side of the PSP, put in the memory stick completely then close the slot door
• Turn on power on the PSP
• In the Cross Media bar, select the Setting menu then select USB Connection
• Transfer the movie(s) to the MP_ROOT\100MNV01 directory on the memory stick either by dragging and dropping the movie from your hard drive or by copying/pasting the movie
• Find that popcorn and enjoy your movie!