Having a clothing budget is a great way to keep track of your spending, and also to be able to shop for clothing without feeling guilty. But a lot of people do not know how to set a clothing budget, so here are some tips that will help you do this:
– First of all, you need to know how much you make, after any taxes and other deductions are taken off your salary.
– After you know your so called annual take home pay, divide this amount by 10. You do not want to spend more than a tenth of your salary on clothes!
– Take the amount you get in the step above, and divide it in half. Half of your clothing budget should be used for fall and winter, and half of it on summer and spring clothing.
– Make a list of the big items you need for each season. Big, more expensive items can be suits, coats and designer pieces. Once you have the list, you can also make a list of estimated prices for each item.
– Also make a list of any pieces you need for basics for your wardrobe, such as classic pieces and parts of capsule wardrobes.
– Once you have done this, you will be able to spend the rest on trendier items, impulse buys, accessories and any pieces you need for special occasions.
– Keep track of your clothing budget by keeping a shopping journal. This will make it easier to spot any weak spots in the budget, and to change the budget if necessary the next time around.