It doesn’t really matters that much whether you are a regular experienced fisherman or an amateur angler, who goes for fishing once in a blue moon only, a fishing guide is what that is almost necessary to make your trip pleasurable. Carrying an expert with you will help you many ways. He will not only be guiding you about the hot spots about places, but also will be direct source of information about a lot many things. If you have a local fishing guide with you, you are one step ahead already. He/she will help you saving a great amount of time for doing things like searching places to cast your bait or finding hot spots. You need not to worry about what kind of boat or rig you should be using for that particular area.
While you choose you fishing guide, following are the pointers you should keep in mind:
- He/she should be aware of all the tactics that are available for rigging up rods and reels.
- The fishing guide should have a thorough knowledge of the water conditions of the place.
- He/she should be able to place you on the right positions so that you ca get optimize your fishing.
- He / she should be able to assist his/her clients on wading or walking to the fishing locations.
- Your guide should also be able to offer several instructions on things like wading, proper catch, casting & release techniques.
- He/she should have proper interpreting skills about rising fish. And should know all about their eating habits.
- All the river safety techniques should be at his/her fingertips and the clients well being.
- It world be an extra quality if your guide is a good photographer as well.
- Apart from baiting and casting techniques, he/she should also know how to catch a fish through nets.
- In addition with all the fishing techniques he/she need to abreast with, it would be really nice if he/she will knowing things like how to row a boat and few other normal boating details as well.
- He/she should have a vigilant eye on checking equipments that hi/her clients are carrying during the adventure.
- A Fishing guide should always carry few extra gears like sunglasses, rain jackets, extra rods, reels, etc. with him/her and should suggest his/her clients to do so as well.
- He/she always act his/her best to insuring constant safety and success of each of his/her clients.
- If your fishing guide can adapt your individual likings and preferences on fishing, he/she can assist you to get a very good result.
- Finally, the guide should possess extreme patience and should work as long as the clients like.
The author is working for a long time on outdoor things like Fishing, Boating, Camping, Hiking, Climbing & others.