Over 2000 different species of Sage are known in the world.
The ancient world used the sage plant for a variety of ills: hemorrhoids, toothache, abdominal pain, cardiac problems, menstrual cramps, eye inflammation, colds, hand tremors, to disinfect wounds, to stop hemorrhaging, to kill lice, to strengthen the immune system, and treat many other diseases and injuries.
Sage also has a place in Biblical tradition: Land of Israel nature researchers have linked the Hebrew name of the plant, Marva, with Mount Moriah. Some claim that the form of the seven-branch menorah originally symbolized the shape of the sage plant that grows in the Holy Land.
A new strain, rich in Omega 3
Several years ago, a new strain of Sage, was discovered-Clary Sage (Latin, salvia sclarea). A team of scientists from Israeli’s Agriculture Research Organization, an agricultural research center of international standing, closely investigated the newly discovered special strain and found the following characteristics:
1. The plant contains very high concentrations of Omega 3, as well as 120 other active ingredients.
2. The oil produced from the seeds is very stable and has a long shelf-life.
3. The plant’s effectiveness has been confirmed in clinical studies carried out by academic institutions around the world.
But, what is Omega 3?
Omega 3 is a general term for a group of essential fatty acids. While the body itself does not produce these fatty acids, they are essential for its proper functioning. These fatty acids have two sources:
- Vegetable source-sage oil, green leaves, and vegetable oils (ALA).
- Marine-deep-sea fish and seaweed (EPA, DHA).
How does vegetable Omega 3 (ALA) contribute to your health?
Omega 3 from Sage has many benefits, including the following:
1. Helps maintain a healthy brain and heart.
2. Improves attentiveness and concentration.
3. Combats inflammatory diseases.
4. Fights funguses in the system.
5. Assists in proper fetal development.
6. Enhances the absorption of calcium in the digestive tract.
7. Is an essential element in the growth process.
8. Helps maintain healthy skin, hair and nails.
8. Balances the often unhealthy ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6.
What are the advantages of Sage Oil?
1. Safe to use at any age.
2. 100% natural.
3. Poses no risk of heavy metals or toxins (unlike fish oils).
4. Has a pleasant taste and does not “repeat.”
5. Does not rancify easily.
6. Not defined as an allergen.
8. Contains natural vitamin E and natural coenzyme Q10 in oil.
9. Contains an additional 120 natural anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial active substances.