When learning to establish a relationship with your personal spirit guide, you first need to understand what a spirit guide is. Your own personal guide is not an angel. Rather, your guide is a being that once lived upon this earth. In some cases, your personal guide can be a relative or ancestor such as a great grandmother or grandfather. There are also spirit guides that have no distinct relation to you other than to help you on your path. These guides are often old souls or entities that have been around for centuries and have helped countless people on their life journeys.
You can also have more than one personal spirit guide in your lifetime. Depending on where you are in your developmental journey, different spirit guides can come at different stages of your development. You may also have different guides for different areas in your life.
The primary purpose of your personal guide is to protect you and help you make positive decisions in your life. Spirit guides also help you feel a sense of faith when you are confronted with difficulties and challenges. More importantly, guides can helps you learn valuable spiritual lessons. They can influence you behaviors and help you see the divine in all things. They always guide you towards becoming a better person.
The process of communicating with your own personal spirit guide is not as difficult as you might imagine. To begin, you need to make sure you find a space where you can spend some time alone and feel comfortable. It’s also suggested that you practice communicating with your personal spirit guide at least once week. Over time, your communication efforts will come with ease.
Below is a great exercise that can help you communicate with your spirit guide.
- For the first few minutes of this exercise, you will need to lie down on your back and close your eyes. Allow your breathing to slow. Take long and deep breaths. Notice how your body is feeling. Pay particular attention to where in your body you are feeling tense. Use your breath to release this tension and focus on letting your mind let go of your every day concerns.
- Next, imagine a bright light forming on the ceiling. Take some time to feel this light’s energy. Does it feel warm? Does is feel energizing? How does this light make you feel?
- After you are comfortable with your impressions of this bright light, imagine the light beginning to float down from the ceiling and start to take on a human form right in front of you. It’s important to let this being appear to you as it wants to. Your spirit guide can take on any shape that it needs to.
- When you feel ready, ask your guide if they have anything to share with you. You may also ask them questions. Don’t try to force an answer if you do not get one right away. Just allow yourself to experience their presence and eventually communication will occur. How you receive the information may also vary. For example, you may hear words, have a sense of inner knowing, or see visual images.
- When you feel you have completed this communication, thank your spirit guide. Now imagine the guide gently turning back into light and floating back up into the ceiling until it’s gone. Take a moment to absorb your experience. When you feel ready, open your eyes.
For more on Psychic Readings, please visit http://bestonlinepsychics.com