If you haven’t seen Money and PayScale.com’s recent list of “The Best Jobs in America”, check out the partial list below.
The best jobs in the U.S. list was complied by information obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics on over 7000 jobs using some of the following criteria:
- Job trends for the top jobs showed an increase in overall growth and salary.
- Jobs chosen are the fastest growing jobs across industries.
- Good opportunity for employment. Any job titles that had less than 10,000 positions nationwide didn’t make the cut.
- “Quality of life factors such as stress and flexibility, and short and long term employment outlook” based on data from a PayScale.com survey.
The Top 20 List
1. Software Architect
2. Physician Assistant
3. Management Consultant
4. Physical Therapist
5. Environmental Engineer
6. Civil Engineer
7. Database Administrator
8. Sales Director
9. Certified Public Accountant
10. Biomedical Engineer
13. Nurse Anesthetist
14. Risk Management Manager
15. Product Management Director
16. Healthcare Consultant
17. Information Systems Security Engineer
18. Software Engineering / Development Director
19. Occupational Therapist
20. Information Technology Manager
Take a look at the CNN Money.com’s article on “The Best Jobs In America” for a complete list of America’s top 100 jobs.
Dianne Shaddock is the Founder of Easy Small Business HR, Employee Hiring and Managing Tips. Through the Employee Hiring and Managing Tips podcast, blog, and weekly ‘quick tips’ e-newsletters, Dianne offers expert advice on how to make better hiring decisions, manage difficult employees, develop employee policies, motivate staff, and so much more. No stuffy, corporate HR policy lingo; but straight forward, easy to understand and implement advice for businesses just like yours. Stay ahead of the curve and go to Easy Small Business HR for more tips on how to hire and manage your staff effectively.