– 6 25 g (1 oz) butter
2 carrots, diced
8 button onions, skinned
100 g (4 oz) button mushrooms
25 g (1 oz) plain wholemeal flour
450 ml (3/4 pint) fresh milk, plus extra to glaze
450 g (1 lb) boneless cooked chicken, cut into strips
175 g (6 oz) broccoli, blanched.
grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh single cream
Salt to taste
225 g (8 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed.
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and lightly fry the carrots, onions and mushrooms for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens, boils and is smooth. Simmer for
3 – 4 minutes.
3. Add the chicken, broccoli, lemon rind and cream to the sauce. Season to taste and pour into a 1.1 litre
(2 pint) pie dish.
4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface large enough to fit the dish. Cover the pie with the pastry and moisten the edges so the pastry is well sealed. Use any pastry trimmings to decorate. Brush with milk to glaze. 5. Bake at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Serve at once.
5. Enjoy your Meal..Do comment and like the review if you love the dish now!