Harsh weather, old age, termites – a lot of things can cause the need for siding repair in Houston. The important thing is to keep an eye out for those tell-tale signs. If you’re not sure what to look out for, then here are some of the things that you will have to take note of.
1. Rot. Moisture can do a lot of damage to exterior siding, especially if it’s left untreated for a long period of time. If you find any signs of rot in your siding, then it’s a sure sign that you need siding repair done in Houston.
2. Mold and mildew. While the first signs of mold and mildew may not signal a cause for siding repair in Houston, they will be if they’re left to accumulate. Make sure to keep your siding clean by using a commercial mold and mildew remover or, if you’re pressed for time, a mixture of water and detergent. There are a number of homemade mixtures online that you can use for this, just make sure that they work well with your siding material.
3. Termites. Bugs are one of the major causes of siding repair in Houston. If your home uses wood siding, watch out for these pesky critters before they end up destroying more than just a small portion of your home.
4. Weather damage. Tornadoes, heavy rains, particularly hot summers – depending on your siding material, any of these can cause the need for siding repair in Houston. Every time you experience harsh weather, always do a visual assessment of your house afterwards. If anything seems amiss, then it’s time to call in a professional.
5. Paint problems. Cracked, pealing or chipped paint could be a sign that you need siding repair in Houston. If your siding isn’t properly treated or painted, moisture could seep in and damage the material.
6. Loose siding. While loose siding may not be such a big problem now, it raises the chances of them being affected by high winds or strong rains. Not paying attention to loose siding can be a cause for more than just siding repair in Houston.
Even though it may seem like a relatively small task that can be ignored, if you decide to ignore the need for siding repair in Houston, it may just lead to siding replacement, which can cost a lot more. If you have any doubts about your siding being in good condition, get an assessment from your local contractor. It’s better to be safe than sorry.