Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder in which a person experiences difficulty in breathing.
Asthma attacks are caused by a narrowing of the small bronchial tubes in the lungs. The most common kind of asthma is caused by an allergic reaction. Many pollens, molds, dust (especially dust containing the house mite) and animal hair. An asthma attack may last for a few minutes, but most go on for several hours.The symptoms of asthma are wheezing, feeling of tightness in the chest, coughing and experiencing shortness in breath. When a person suffers a asthma attack, make sure that the patient sit upright in a chair or in bed, propped up by pillows. A patient is rarely hungry, but should be encouraged to drink large amount of liquids. Use Bronchial dilator for inhalants from aerosol cans to help relax the muscles of the bronchioles.
Ways on how to prevent an asthma attack
1. Taking the appropriate drugs before excercise.
2. A person with asthma should sleep in a room without carpet or rugs.
3. Avoid giving children with asthma soft toys as it contain millions of house mites.
4. Get blankets and pillows of synthetic fiber to reduce the risk house dust and mites.
5. In dry climates, a humidifier can be used to increase the moisture content of the air in the room.