Are you moving your offices or setting up a second branch in another state — or internationally? National or international relocation services like Capital Relocation Services can help — and not just in the ways you might imagine.
When you move your corporate offices, you’ll have a lot of tough decisions to make in regard to your workforce, salaries, retaining employees and recruiting new hires.
Here are just a few questions you should ask; your corporate relocation company can work with your senior staff to help you determine the best answers. Personnel questions fall into several categories:
- Retaining top talent
- Employees who stay behind
- New hires
A corporate relocation company helps you retain your top talent by tracking the answers to these questions:
- Which employees will make the move?
- Will you offer retention bonuses or relocation incentives for reticent employees?
- What other measures will you put in place to retain your top talent?
- What’s the cost of new hires v. retaining current talent?
- How much should top talent be paid, considering market salaries and cost-of-living in the new location?
A corporate relocation company will help you keep costs under control by helping you determine the answers to these questions about employees who stay behind
- Will jobs with your company be available for them in the existing location?
- Will you offer severance packages?
- How much notice will you give?
A corporate relocation company can help you stay within budget when it comes to new hires, too.
- How much will you pay new hires compared to existing employees?
- What’s the cost of training new hires and integrating them into corporate culture?
- By what means will you find new hires?
With the right planning, your new offices might become the perfect blend of old and new, where existing talent helps new hires assimilate the corporate culture and new hires show your old hands around town — and you’ll start to see increased productivity from everyone.