Everyone knows that there are bad drivers everywhere. It does not matter where you go, there are going to be people that put other peoples’ lives in danger just because they are in a hurry to get somewhere. There are so many things that people do that cause hazards. It always makes me mad that cops are never around to see half of what I see when I am driving around. Of course, most people drive like angels when they see a cop, so that may be why they do not see it. These are just a few of the things that reckless drivers do that drive me crazy.
1) Tailgating – When someone gets that close to me, it makes me want to go even slower. Someone getting that close is not going to make me go any faster – it is going to make me lay on the brakes. If I am going to slow for somebody, they can just go around.
2) Constant Lane changing – This makes people really look like they are crazy drivers. They act as if no one in the world is going fast enough for them. I know I said that you should go around when someone is not going fast enough for you, but you should not be weaving in and out of lanes either.
3) Distracted driving – You already know what I am going to say here. Anything you are doing while you are driving increases your chances of being in a car accident. That includes (but is not limited to) texting, talking on the phone, smoking, eating, messing with the radio, ect. Some people also get distracted just by looking away from the road for a couple of seconds, and when they finally look back, they find out that traffic in front of them had stopped.
4) Driving too slowly or too quickly – Either one is dangerous and putting other peoples lives in danger. Driving too slowly could cause you to be hit from behind by someone who is going a little bit quicker. And driving too quickly makes you less in control of your vehicle, so it will take longer to stop.
5) Alcohol and drugs – Nothing makes driving harder than being under the influences of alcohol and/or drugs. It makes it almost impossible for you to be able to drive like you would if you were sober. They say that it takes much more energy and concentration to be able to keep the car between the lines when you are drunk.Nobody is perfect, but many of these bad habits can be changed with a little work. And it would make the roads a whole lot safer than they are today.