If you are unsure about where to holiday in the near future, why not give Rome a try? The Rome attractions are a pleasing spectacle to behold. Moreover, you can delve into the deep and interesting historic stories of this country.
The fascinating city is home to many monuments and historical sites. You may need guides to help you as you move about the city, but the monuments and other major sites are clearly recognisable from a far distance.
Place which you must visit:
– Colosseum is the perfect depiction of Roman engineering. It depicts the stories of ancient times and mythological tales.
– Pantheon is another among the Roman pieces of architecture which has the biggest brick dome known ever.
– Roman Forum is one of the rich Rome attractions as it is the bearer of the rich Roman history.
– Basilica Di Santa Maria Maggiore located at the summit of Esquiline Hill is an original structure of ancient times.
– The monument in memory of Michaelango is the Piazza Del Campidoglio, which was built in 1546.
– The Palazzo Del Quirinale is located at the highest Rome hills is influenced by the Renaissance movement.
– Monument Of Vittorio Emanuele II was built in the memory of the first king of the United Rome.
– EUR District throws light on the exquisite Roman art and architecture.
– The Vatican City, which is the official headquarters of the Pope, is the symbol of Catholicism.
Thing you must do:
– Don’t miss the Italian pizza, which is one of Rome attractions known worldwide and also the exotic wines at the Roscioli.
– Make a trip to the Vatican Museums on the last Sunday of every month between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
– Visit the church and pray for salvation.
– Quench your thirst with the fountain waters.
– Visit the Tempio di Adriano (Temple of Hadrian) which has been telecast in many of the Hollywood movies.
– Walk your way down to the pantheon- totally free.
– Go to the highest point in the city, Lo Zodiaco.
– Party your night away in Rome’s most happening club, Micca.
– Go on a picnic to one of the gardens.
– Go to the Etabli aperitif bar after 7 and have some of the best local drinks.
Shopping and Sports in the city:
Some of the famous shopping areas are Trastevere, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Vittorio and Piazza Navona. You will find latest design wear and accessories. Fontana di Trevi is one of the Rome attractions that draw the largest number of shopaholics. The Romans indulge in a number of sports like handball, gladiator flights, wrestling matches and races.
How to spend nightlife:
The Rome nightlife is diverse and exciting. In recent times, a number of clubs and bars have opened to cater to the needs of the enthusiastic tourists. You can sit and relax with your friends under the moonlight.
The Romans celebrate cartoon film showings, Roma Jazz festival, Sana a Roma and Donna Sotto le Stelle.