This is an experiment that I did with some corned beef. The original recipe is for sardines-burger. I also tried this using tuna flakes – in which I failed to did not look good (but tastes good)
Note: This is experimental. The taste may vary with the amount of salt, seasonings and kind of corned beef that you will use.
- 150 g can or cornedbeef
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of corned beef
- 2 spoonsful of corn startch
- some salt and spices (or a pinch or two of maggie magic sarap)
- cooking oil
- mince the onions and garlic.
- crush/mush the corned beef.
- beat the eggs
- mix the corned beef onions and garlic to the egg.
- add some salt and spices (I used some maggie magic-sarap) to taste.
- add the corn starch to the mixture.
- keep stirring until all the ingridients are evenly mixed.
- on a low flame, heat some cooking oil on a frying pan
- use a spoon to form the pattie on the frying pan
- remove the pattie from the pan when it’s golden brown. (or darker if you prefer)
Again, this is an experimental recipe based on the sardines burger. One egg will do if you use less corned beef. or add another egg and cornstarch if you want to use more corned beef.
Hopefully, I can do the tuna flakes burger perfectly anytime soon. The flakes makes it hard to form the pattie.