1. “Go trot, trot, trot, trotting across the bridge.” (This is the easy one).
2. “That’s quite enough, thank you.”
3. “Am I not fit to be Prime Minister?”
4. “Shall I stay and wait who is repairing them?”
5. “Be he alive or be he dead.”
6. “Ha! Ha! Ha! You will never escape from this cave.”
7. “I’ll huff and I’ll puff…”
8. “Fetch me six white mice…”
9. “She will not die but sleep…”
10. “You can only get out of here if you can spin straw into gold.
Here are the Answers
1: One of the goats from the Three Billy Goats Gruff.
2: The mother in The Magic Porridge (or Porage) Pot.
3: The PM in Emperors New Clothes by Hans Christian Andersen.
4: The wife in The Elves and the Shoemaker.
5: The Giant in Jack and the Beanstalk.
6: Uncle Abanazzar in Aladdin and his Magical Lamp (one of the Arabian Nights)
7: The Wolf in the Three Little Pigs.
8: The Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, a French fairy tale.
9: Another Fairy Godmother, this time in Sleeping Beauty. One of the Grimm’s Fairy Tales.
10: A periphal character in Rumplestiltskin.
The odd one out is number 3. The others are spoken, number 3 is the only one thought. I hope you didn’t get the right one.