Have you ever seen a piano languishing in neglect? It breaks your heart to see a good musical instrument neglected. Of course, you would never want to see your piano in this manner? To prevent such a thing from happening to your piano, why not make your own grand piano covers? This is simple, this is fun and this is a good money-making vehicle. Say, you have designed a good and comfortable grand piano cover and you have your piano all tucked in and nice. You could surely make some more of these and sell them to your friends or people all over the Net.
Here are five simple ways to earn some nice side income with this method:
1. Sell it on the internet – get registered on well-known and reputed selling platforms such as eBay – this is just an example. There are many other such platforms that would give you an e-shop on their site from where you could sell anything you have to the whole world. If it is priced well, you could sell anything you want with the utmost ease. The marketing, the visibility, the advertising – everything, this platform would do for you. All you have to pay them is a small percentage of the sale, after the sale is completed. You do not pay them anything unless you make a sale which would suit you just fine, for it means you pay nothing for your ‘shop space’.
2. Sell it to friends – you would definitely have friends who have/ love the piano just as much as you are. They too, would love to have a cover to protect their musical instrument. Make some for them for a price and ask them to spread the word. The marketing that happens by way of recommendations is the best – and you will see that you would become famous very soon.
3. Sell it to local music shops – if there is a local music shop in your neighborhood. Approach them with the covers and offer them a percentage of the sale. Most shops would accept to showcase and promote your product if the commission is right. This is a place where many piano lovers would come and therefore the sale of your covers would be assured.
4. Sell it from home – put a board outside that says you are an entrepreneur. The sign should tell what you sell so people who pass your home by and see the sign could think of coming in and check out your covers. This might be a tad slow, but this is an effective way to pull in customers.
5. Give away freebies to promote your business – make some special type of covers and announce that you would give them free to the lucky winner of a draw. Let the draw take place at a party you throw to introduce your wares to the local crowd. The freebies would attract half of your neighborhood; the other half would be informed by those who attended.