1 cup of sugar
1 cup of self rising flour
1 stick of butter or margarine
1 cup of milk, doesn’t matter if it’s whole or reduced fat milk
1 large can of sliced peaches slightly drained
* if prefered you can dice your peaches up into smaller bits. The raggedy ripe freestone peaches are the best in my opinion.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F
- While the oven is preheating put the margarine in a cake pan to melt inside the oven
- Once the margarine is melted, remove and add the sugar, mix it well
- Now add the peaches and sugar and stir together
- Stir in the flour, don’t over stir, it’s best when the flour mixture is closer to the top
- Bake until golden brown on the top should be around 45 minutes but you can bake to your taste.
This recipe is very tasty and so easy to remember because it’s 1 of everything. My grandmother taught me this recipe when I was about 8 and I was so proud because it was something that I could make on mine own… of course with the supervison of an adult because of the oven use. It is good warm out of the oven but I even enjoy it cold out of the fridge. Also goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Yummy!
Please use caution when cooking.