My family and I went to New York City for the weekend and stayed one night at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square. This hotel was selected by my brother, mostly for the location and the paid movies in the rooms. Our stay, however, ended up being pretty mixed. These are, in my opinion, the experience.
- Located at 1535 Broadway, the hotel is in the heart of Times Square. If you’re planning on spending a lot of time in the area (which we were), you can’t beat that location.
- The radio came with an iPod dock, which made me happy because my iPod was in desperate need of charging.
- Maybe I’m behind the times or something, but I think this was the first hotel I’ve stayed in where there was flat screen TVs in the rooms.
- The shower heads were amazing.
- I didn’t actually end up using the shampoo and conditioner available in the rooms because I’d brought my own, but I was surprised at how fancy they seemed.
- Everything there seemed way overpriced. I realize that Manhattan is expensive, but $2.50 for a bottle of soda? That’s just excessive.
- Our rooms were hot, despite our efforts to lower the temperature of the room on the thermostats.
- The toilets in our rooms weren’t functioning properly. No matter how often we flushed, some of the toilet paper would just not go down. This grossed us out.
- The on-demand movies weren’t working properly in one of our rooms and we had to spend an excessive amount of time convincing the hotel staff that there was even a problem.
If it were up to me, I probably would not stay there again. In my opinion, it’s just not worth it. However, if I’m traveling with other people and everyone else wants to stay there, I guess I’ll have to.