These weight loss tips prove that you don’t need expensive weight loss programs or fad diets to lose weight. These weight loss tips show you how small changes can make a big difference in your weight loss goals.
10 Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Drinking lots of water is crucial to losing weight. Avoid drinking high-calorie beverages. These are just empty calories that are keeping you overweight. If you’re going to put calories into your body, wouldn’t you rather have some food?
- You don’t need expensive diet foods to lose weight. Just try eating less of what you enjoy. One easy way to do this is when you’re eating at a restaurant, ask for a to-go box right away and package up half of your meal. Restaurant portions have at least twice the amount of calories that a standard meal should have. So by packaging up half of it early, you’ll be less likely to devour the entire plate full.
- Eating a salad can be deceptive when trying to lose weight. Depending on what you put on your salad, you might be getting the same amount of fat that’s in a cheeseburger. One of the main culprits is the salad dressing. So always ask for low fat or fat free dressings, and always get your salad dressing on the side. Then dip each bite into the dressing. You’ll be surprised how much less dressing you need when eating your salads this way.
- Again, losing weight is as simple as eating less. And another way to accomplish that goal is to eat slowly so that you have time to enjoy your meal and be conscious of when you’re full. Always set your fork down between bites to help yourself slow down. Eating slowly helps you to eat less which leads to weight loss.
- Deprivation is the number one reason people don’t stick to diets. So don’t eat something you don’t like. Every calorie you consume counts. So make it worth it – only eat what you like or you’ll never feel satisfied. But remembe to eat slowly, and box up half your meal at a restaurant. This way you get what you want, but still lose weight.
- Try to eat protein, carbs and veggies at every meal. The protein should be about the size of the palm of your hand; the carbs should be about the size of your fist; and eat as many veggies as you want. A balanced diet is the key to losing weight and keeping it off because it keeps you from feeling deprived.
- Limit your consumption of fried foods to no more than twice a week. If you can get it down to once week, that’s even better. I know, this is a tough one!
- Try eating less beef, and add more chicken and fish to your diet. Chicken and fish have a lot less calories and fat.
- Never eat your food directly from the bag or box it came in. Always pour the amount you intend to eat into a bowl. This way you don’t “accidentally” eat the entire bag.
- Move More… yes, you do have to add some exercise or movement into your day if you want to lose weight. But small changes can help here as well: take the stairs as often as you can; park further away from your destination; clean the house or do some yard work; get some resistance bands and work out at your desk; or sit on a stability ball at your desk to help tone your abs. Anything that gets you moving more than you normally would is beneficial to weight loss.
So give these weight loss tips a try. What have you got to lose anyway? Oh, yeah, a bunch of unwanted pounds!