Having a good blood flow to the scalp is essential in keeping our hair healthy. As we age, blood circulation may be reduced. There are a few simple exercises we can do 2 to 3 times each day to keep blood flow to our scalp optimal and help us continue to have nourished and healthy hair.
- If you are in good health and able to do a handstand, doing a few of those a few times each day will definitely give those little veins in the scalp a good blood supply.
- If you are not able to do a handstand, laying on the bed with the legs up is a gentler alternative. If you are young, you may lift your legs all the way up. If you find it challenging, lifting the legs above the head and supporting them on the wall will be a good alternative.
- An alternative to the above exercises is to lay on the bed flat with the head rolling off the bed and slightly below the level of the body.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new exercise routine.
- Do not overdo it.
- If you begin to experience headache or dizziness, call your doctor immediately.