Words seem to play a huge part in our lives. We see a quote that we like and we instantly snip it out of the magazine and save it so that we can read it again. Some are inspirational, some of them make us laugh, some remind of us of ourselves. Whatever the reason, we are drawn to words that have been linked together. We can learn so much from them. In fact, a quote can change our lives or our way of thinking for at least a short amount of time. I have chosen some of my favorite quotes that I want to share.
1. There is some magic in wealth, which can thus make persons pay their court to it, when it does not even benefit themselves. How strange it is, that a fool or knave, with riches, should be treated with more respect by the world, than a good man, or a wise man in poverty!
2. If all the rich people in the world divided up their money among themselves there wouldn’t be enough to go around.
3. A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.
Jane Austen (1775 – 1817), (note the time period)
4. The only time to buy these [junk bonds]is on a day with no ‘y’ in it. Warren Buffett
5. There is a very easy way to return from a casino with a small fortune: go there with a large one. Jack Yelton
tags: money, wealth, poverty, income, rich people, casino, winning money