A good spiritual orientation is important for attaining a finely tuned inner life free from the turmoil of the outside world. Jesus said “live in the world but be not of the world”. Imagine the satellite TV technician who has to point your antenna in the right direction to get the best signal: the dish is on the roof but it is concentrating on receiving signals from the sky.
Here are ten tips for making sure the spiritual energy entering your body is the best it can be.
1. Abstain from one key physical appetite per day per week
2. Believe in one God, the Creator of the universe.
3. Compare yourself to who you can become not who you were
4. Declare your love for Jesus
5. Embrace your physical self and love it as God made it
6. Forgive your enemies
7. Give generously to worthy causes
8. Have moments of quiet meditation and respect holy days.
9. Invent an idyllic scene to focus on during prayers
10. Join in praising and thanking Jesus, who sacrificed everything for YOU
The above list is not a woolly-headed approach to spirituality requiring ceremony or initiations, nor is it the classic church view of Christian rebirth, but it is a series of easily executed actions which are designed to RE-ORIENTATE your mindset, particularly useful if you have never had a religious experience or if you wish to launch yourself away from simple pew-warming church attendance. Followed earnestly, the ABC course will point you towards the godhead and make you more open to receiving spiritual signals.
Read the ABC course in conjunction with my other articles, in particular the 10 Steps To Faith, for a real life-changing experience.