Here are some tips to avoid and treat varicose veins.
- Avoid standing for a long time. If your work needs you to stand in just one place, try walking a few steps every now and then so blood can circulate.
- Although wearing high heeled shoes looks sexy, try not wearing them all day. If you need to go to work in high heeled shoes but you just have to sit all day, then bring a flat shoes that you can wear in the office so your feet can relax.
- Do not wear tight stockings. If the stockings doesn’t fit, then do not wear it. Aside from the fact that you will be uncomfortable all day, it can affect blood circulation. It can also lead to bursting of veins if it is too tight and might cause severe damage.
- Avoid crossing your legs for a long time when sitting. Most women doesn’t know that one of the bad effects of crossing your legs is varicose veins. Blood pools down a particular vein and clogs it while your legs are crossed.
- After a long walk or a long time standing, try raising your legs against a wall while lying down on your bed. This way blood that was actually pooling on your veins can circulate back. Slowly massaging your legs can also help with the circulation.
These are just some things you can do to prevent varicose veins. Of course proper diet and exercise will always play a good role to a healthier body.