Things You’ll Need:
- 2-deep dish pie crusts (in the freezer section–make sure it’s deep dish and two crusts in each)
- 1 of the large box of Velveets loaf
- 1 pound of ground meat
- 1 can of mixed Veggies
STEP 1) First, take the pie crusts out of the fridge and let sit awhile to thaw, just while you’re cooking. You’ll be pulling one of them out of it’s tin to cover the other full pie.
Ex. two pie crusts per package, one is going to be filled, the other is the top of it.
STEP 2) Fry the brown meat, in a large skillet(everything will be added to the skillet so make sure it’s deep and big enough to use). Over medium heat, brown the meat, til it’s all brown. Drain all the juice from it in a strainer and replace back into the pan
STEP 3) Preheat oven to 375.
Strain the water out of the can of veggies and add to the pie. I use one can to make two pies, not big into veggies, but, my family adds one can for one pie.
Add to the meat and start, on low heat, adding chunks of the velveeta, melting it and making it very cheesy. You’ll use about 3/4-a little more of the loaf.
STEP 4) Divide and pour meat mixture into two of the pies, cover both pies with the other two pie crusts, don’t worry if the pie crust break while doing so, they always do, just mold around and cinch and seal the two pie crust edges together.
Cook until golden brown on top, remove from oven, let sit about ten minutes or so, easier to cut. Slice and serve.
Tips & Warnings
- You can brush a little milk or egg on top, but, not necessary. I do sometimes add a little milk to it but, not every time.
- Do not try and use another cheese, something about velveeta and this recipe, I’ve tried others and do not taste the same.
- Same as the veggies, I’m not big into veggies but, not the same without them and other veggies don’t taste right either.
- You’ll want leftovers.