Random Facts From Around the World
By: nobert bermosa
Here are some interesting and random facts from around the world.
1. Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It relieves mild to moderate pain from headaches, backaches, toothaches, and muscle aches among many others.
2. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Well, according to world statistics, the world’s most favorite Ice Cream flavor is – vanilla.
3. Bingham Canyon Mine is the largest excavation in the world.
4. Do you know that the country with the largest population of orthodox Christians is Russia?
5. The first commercial oil well in the world was in Titusville, Pennsylvania, USA. Edwin Drake conceived the idea of drilling for oil and built the primitive rig in 1859.
6. San Marino was established in 3021 BCE as a constitutional republic making it the oldest constitutional republic in the world.
7. Maldives holds the record for being the flattest country in the world with a maximum natural ground of only 2.3 meters. It is also the smallest predominantly Muslim country in the world.
8. San Marino‘s constitution drafted in the 1600s is the world’s oldest written constitution still in effect.
9. The island that has existed the longest is Madagascar which separated from India perhaps 85 to 90 million years ago, after the two had split off from Antarctica about 125 million years ago making Madagascar the world’s oldest island.
10. New Guinea is the world’s tallest island. It has a towering height of 16,503 m/5,030 ft above sea level
11. The most notorious sea in the planet is Sargasso Sea. It is also the only sea on earth without shores. It is famous because it is situated within the so-called Bermuda triangle.
12. The largest volcanic island with an area of 39,702 square miles is Iceland.
13. Stuart, Florida in USA is the sailfish capital of the world.
14. The largest sand island in the world is Fraser Island in Australia.
15. Countries that are totally surrounded by another country.
One of the few nations located inside a nation is Lesotho. It is entirely surrounded by the Republic of South Africa.
Another country that is considered located inside a country is San Marino. This country is completely surrounded by Italy.
Still, another state contained within another state is Monaco. It is completely enclosed by France. Monaco is also the world’s most densely populated sovereign country, and the world’s smallest French-speaking country.
Vatican City is known the world over because it is the center of Roman Catholic Church. It is a city situated within a city, the city of Rome. It is the world’s smallest independent state by both population and area. It came into existence only in 1929.
For more amazing facts see