Things you will need for your Delicious Ziti Casserole dish are: (Written for the beginning Cook!)
· Oblong Baking Dish
· Can Opener
· Olive Oil Spray
· 1 Box Ziti Pasta
· 1 Pkg. Swiss Cheese (approx. 1 lb.)
· 1 Stick Marjarine
· 5 Small Cans Tomato Sauce
· 1 Stick Margarine
· Parmesam Cheese (opt.)
Preheat your oven to 350
Cook Ziti pasta as directed on package. Drain in colendar and rinse the starch off by running it quickly under cold water.
Spray backing dish with Olive Oil , Pam, or other non stick baking spray.
Open all 5 cans of tomato sauce .
Melt margarine and set aside.
Lay in three layers in oblong casserole dish:
1. Cooked Zita
2. Swiss Cheese
3. Canned Tomato Sauce
Make sure that tomato sauce is the last layer in this process.
Pour melted margarine over entire casserole, and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese if desired.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Suggestions and Cautions:
· Can cut back to 1/2 stick of margarine or use light margarine
· Serve with salad to help cut the richness of this recipe
· Serve with sausage or other choice of meat.
· Be sure to spray your casserole dish well to prevent difficulty cleaning your dish later on.