Although it’s a simple cocktail, the screwdriver can be a refreshing start or end to a beautiful day. Here’s how to make your own screwdriver properly.
-Vodka: you can use any variety of vodka you choose, but for a screwdriver, I prefer good value vodkas (vodkas that are inexpensive, but not cheap). I like 360 Vodka (which I’ve found for as little as $17 per 750 ml bottle) and Sobieski Vodka, which retails for approximately $15-$18 for a 1.75 liter bottle. I do not like to spend over $20 for a fifth of vodka—with so many good values, why should you? To make a screwdriver, you should use straight vodka, not flavored vodka.
-Freshly squeezed orange juice. You can use orange juice out of a container, but if you’re going to the trouble to impress people with this drink, you may as well take the time to squeeze your own orange juice. 3-4 oranges should be sufficient for each drink, and it doesn’t take that long.
-Orange slice (garnish)
1. Make sure you start with your vodka in the freezer. The colder your screwdriver, the less quickly you will melt the ice.
2. Fill a lowball glass with crushed ice.
3. Pour a straight shot (1 ½ ounces) of vodka into a lowball glass.
4. Pour the orange juice into the lowball glass and mix with a spoon.
5. Top your screwdriver with the orange wedge.
6. Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this article, please check out my other content at: http://www.bukisa.com/people/fbaum818