Ten simple ways to lose weight
Weight problem might be the biggest problem next to financial problems faced by many of us. Losing weight is not easy but it can be done. It takes sheer determination and consistent effort to lose those flabby bulges and excessive fat.
One has to be committed in making this dream of having an ideal weight a reality. As I am writing this article, I am also telling myself that I have to be fully discipline in order to achieve this goal. Yes, I am also facing the same problem as many of you out there. I’m a couch potato too. Normally I’ll come up with lots and lots of excuses as not to exercise. But I will try to do something about my weight. I’ll try hard this time, maybe harder.
Here are ten simple tips to achieve the ideal weight:
1. Set your goal to lose weight slowly and gradually as much as 0.5 – 1 kg per week. This is the average weight lost that most of us will achieve. Do not
force yourself at this beginning stage. Losing 0.1 kg is good enough for a start.
2. Do not take diet pills or any weight lost supplement in order to lose weight especially without consulting the doctor.
3. Consume low calorie food and drinks with high amount of nutrient. Avoid taking food and drinks high in sugar. For a better result replace them with more fruits and vegetables.
4. Avoid snacks in between meals. Instead substitute with a piece of craker with tea or low fat coffee or tea. Or just take fruits and forget the cracker with coffee/ tea.
5. Drink a lot of water and avoid alcohol totally.
6. Discipline yourself by eating meals at the same time every day. This is done so that you do not go looking for food at any time you feel like eating.
7. Eat at the dining table and not in front of the TV.
8. Eat from a small plate so that you do not take too much high calorie food or eating more than you are suppose to.
9. Occupy yourself with activities to avoid thinking about food.
10. Get enough sleep of 6 to 8 hours a day.
Well if you manage to follow these simple steps to lose weight, you will definitely reach your target weight that you have always dreamed of.