Clinical manifestation is a painful fractures, loss of function, deformity, shortening eksttremitas, krepitius, local swelling and discoloration.
1.continuous and increasing severity until the immobilization of bone fragments. Muscle spasms that accompany the fracture is a form of natural splint designed to minimize movement between the bone fragments.
2. happened fracture parts – parts that can not be used tend to move is not natural. Fragment shift in arm and leg fractures caused limb deformities that can be known by comparing the normal limb. Limb can not function properly because the normal function of bone integrity depends muscle muscle adherence place.
3. fracture occurred long bone shortening due to contraction of the muscle actually situated on top and bottom of the fracture. Fragments are often mutually enclosing one another.
1. limb checked by hand palpated the bones creak, called krepitius a palpable friction between fragman one another.
2. local discoloration of the skin occurs as a result of trauma and bleeding following a fracture. This sign can only occur after several hours or days after injury.
Not all these signs and symptoms are detiap fracture. Most in fact do not exist in linear or fisur fracture or fracture impaction. Diagnosis of fracture depends on the symptoms, physical signs and x-ray examination Usually the patient complained of suffering injury in the pad area. (Brunner and Suddarth’s)
Fractures caused by various reasons, including:
1.conflicts such as direct blows, crushing force, sudden twisting movements, extreme muscle contractions.
2. muscles can not absorb energy such as walking too far.
3. bone disease osteoporosis, cancer or pathologic fracture. (Sylvia A Price. EGC)