Tire changers are machines used to help mechanics and tire technicians dismount and mount tires with most kinds of wheels. After the wheel and tire assembly are removed from the vehicle, the tire changer has all the components necessary to remove and replace the tire from the wheel. Different types of tire changers allow technicians to replace tires on automobiles, motorcycles and heavy-duty trucks. New tire and wheel technology have improved the newer tire changers to be able to change a low profile tire or a run-flat tire.
Professional Tire Changers are an essential part of any mechanic’s business. How do you know which model is right for your garage? You should have a list of specific details you want in your new tire changer, especially one with versatility.. Check out the benefits of purchasing your next tire changer from a professional automotive equipment specialist with a large selection to choose from. Our newest model specifics are below:
Ranger tire changers are the essential center-pieces of every well-run garage. With exclusive tire changing features from Ranger, the once dreaded chore of changing a tire is easier than ever. Our state-of-the-art technology and advanced features make tire changing one of the quickest and most profitable services that you can offer a client.
Some of Ranger’s exciting innovations include a helpful drop-center top mount arm that firmly holds the tire in place during rotation, a pneumatic wheel restraint device to keep a wheel locked into place, power-assist upper bead rollers that assist in bead breaking and setting, one of the largest wheel-clamping ranges in the industry, power-assist mounting towers for even more versatility and an overall superior design that’s meant to last and last.
Other innovations include tilt-back towers for increased clearance, large bead-breaking blades, powerful hi-torque turntables, jet-blast pistol inflation gauge with air dump valve, as well as a fully-adjustable tool bar. All of this comes packed in an easy-to-use, free-standing console that’s as safe as it is efficient.
The Ranger R745 is the perfect no-frills tire changer for entry level tire and wheel service. The R745 allows you to service most all OEM and specialty tires and wheels up to 21″ with convenient up-front foot pedals that give you precise control during all wheel service procedures. The R745 comes standard with a wheel protection kit that includes a durable nylon bead breaker cover, wheel clamp guards, tool head guards, and tire tool protector to help prevent metal-to-metal contact and costly wheel damage.
- A high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tire removal and installation.
- Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
- Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tire centers. Snap action spring return means precise and controlled operation.
- All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
- High pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore has exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
- Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
- A maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting.
- Durable, hardened, alloy-steel RimGuard™ wheel clamps features internal and external multiteeth jaws with vertical mounting bolts that make replacement fast and simple. Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
- Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to recue wear on seals, wear band and piston rod. Permanent lubrication design provides outstanding service life.
- A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape that allows you to perform all changing functions with the tool head in the same position. The micro-smooth tool head surface glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures to ensure costly tire damage is minimized.
- Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels. A hardened-steel tire iron and bead lever tool comes standard to assist during all tire mounting and demounting operations.
- A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tire service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged. A simple to use pistol type tire inflator features a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation.
- Plenty of storage area for tools and accessories. Helps keep your shop tidy and operation-critical tools close at hand.
- Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
It’s easy to see how important these features are when planning to invest in equipment that will last through many years of everyday use. Make sure your new tire changing equipment meets the high standards of Ranger.