10 Money-Saving Ideas for your Wedding
I think everyone should save money whenever possible. Money saved really is money earned, especially when it’s well invested. Here are my favourite money-saving ideas for your special day.
- Smaller guest lists allow for more style splurges. Take another look at your list and cut back a few numbers.
- Seasonal flowers and fruits are more affordable and look just as good.
- Use your guest favours as your centrepieces. Buy a raised cake plate and display the favours on each table. Your Master of Ceremony can make an announcement explaining.
- Depending on your culture and where you live, having a cash bar is totally acceptable. This can be a huge money saver.
- Getting married on any other day of the week other than Saturday.
- To make your invitations more personal and less expensive, do them yourself. There are a number of paper stores and websites available where you can find original ideas and ways to make your own invitations.
- Hire a photographer that gives you your digital high resolution pictures on a file, that way you can make as many copies of pictures from your wedding day as you want without having to order them from your photographer. Hard to find but they are out there!
- Most of the big bridal shops have huge sales once a year, usually held at hotels or other big venues. Look out for these money saving sales.
- When looking for the right vendor, it’s always a good idea to take a little time and ask just a couple of others for a quote.
- My favourite is Recycling! Whether you rent an item or ask a friend or family member to borrow something for your Wedding, it’s a money saver and Planet Saver!!!