This will be enough for a 2 crust pie.
you will need : bowl
Ingredients: about 2 cups of all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
about a half cup of ice water
1. Put your flour in the bowl with the salt.
2. Cut the butter up into smaller pieces and drop into the flour. use the pastry blender to cut it into smaller pieces
and toss it with the flour. When the pieces are about the size of raisins add the shortening and do the same until
it looks like coarse meal. Hint: it should look like there are lots of little chunks of butter that are just coated with
3. Add ice water a few tablespoons at a time and gently toss with the fork just until it is barely wet enough to hold
4. Cut 4 pieces of wax paper about as long as it is wide. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. place one part on a
piece of wax paper, smoosh it down a bit and place another piece of wax paper on top of it. Now roll it out till
it is the thickness you desire. Place it on a flat surface in your fridge. Repeat that process with the second part.
5. Make your filling. and preheat your oven to 400
6. Remove one crust from the fridge, and peel off one of the wax papers carefully (work as quickly as you dare).
Place the crust, paper side up over the pie pan and press it into the pan and peel off the remaining paper.
Bottom crust is now in. Fill the crust and repeat with the other crust, only over the top. Press it down
around the edges with a fork over the edge of the pan and then use a knife to trim off the extra.
7. Bake 45 min to an hour.
Hints: Always keep your ingredients as cold as possible, If baking a one crust pie bake as you usually would ,
if making a cream pie bake the crust ahead of time at 400 for about 10 or 15 minutes and then cool and